April 29- The Board of Trustees voted to continue with remote learning through the end of this academic year. The trustees focus is on the safety and health of each of our students, staff and families. Mrs. Jarrett will be contacting each family Thursday, April 30th, to finalize end of year plans.
Thank you to all for being our partners in these uncharted waters.
April 8- Reed Point Schools Families. During this ever changing time we are all experiencing if your child(ren) are in need of weekly meals (breakfast and lunch) please request the Free and Reduced-Price School Meals Application from the school. This is strictly confidential information that will not be shared.
April 7- Governor Bullock has extended the directive to keep schools closed through April 24th. We will continue to provide remote learning. Weekly meals will continue to those in need (delivery/pickup will be on Tuesday next week 4-14). Stay well everyone. Happy Easter!
April 1- Looking for some new books to enjoy in the future or during this time of Staying Safe at Home? Be on the lookout for our upcoming Virtual Scholastic Book Fair!
March 31- Attention: Per Stillwater County COVID-19 Task Force The District playground is closed until further notice. Thank you for your co-operation!
March 24-The Governor announced the school closures will continue through April 10th. Our At Home Learning plan will continue and teachers will be reaching out with additional information in the coming days. Hang in there everyone. We will get through this together!
March 18th- During this time of school closure and social distancing ALL open gyms are prohibited until further notice. Please keep you and your loved ones safe.
March 18- We will use the following platforms to communicate any school updates during this time.
1. School Website- www.reedpoint.k12.mt.us See the School Closure Updates tab.
2. Infinite Campus Parent Portal- if you need assistance accessing your account please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Reed Point High School Facebook group. You will need to join the group to receive notifications.
4. Email. We will send emails to parents whose email account is listed in our Infinite Campus system.
Stillwater County Unified Command FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE DATE:
March 16, 2020
To: Stillwater County Media Stillwater County Unified Command – COVID19 Columbus, MT – Incident Command – Stillwater Billings Clinic Stillwater County, in response the COVID19 pandemic, has initiated a Unified Command in order to present clear, consistent information throughout Stillwater County. Unified Command includes Stillwater County, Stillwater County Public Health, Stillwater Billings Clinic, Stillwater County Disaster Emergency Services, Stillwater County Public Schools, Stillwater County Sheriff’s Department, and Stillwater County EMS/Fire services. As of release time, there are currently 0 positive COVID19 cases in Stillwater County. There are 6 positive cases in Montana including cases in Yellowstone, Missoula, Gallatin, Silver Bow, and Lewis and Clark Counties. To combat COVID19, Unified Command has worked diligently and quickly to enact the following regulations:
• All events scheduled at the “Little Metra” or fairgrounds in Columbus will be cancelled, effective immediately and will be in effect until April 30th, 2020.
• All non-essential meetings/gatherings of 20 or more people should be held via alternative methods (phone conference, skype, so forth) or cancelled until further notice.
• All Senior Centers that provide lunches will move to a “Meals on Wheels” format to discourage group interaction, effective until April 30th, 2020.
Social distancing is the act of distancing one’s self from groups or gatherings of multiple people. The idea behind social distancing is to limit the spread of the COVID19 virus to others. While we know that we will not be able to stop every human interaction, or spread of the virus, it is imperative for us to practice social distancing over the coming weeks and possibly months. There is a large responsibility shift back to the public community to help with enforcement of social distancing practices.
Stillwater County Public Health and Stillwater Billings Clinic have developed the following guidance to prevent unnecessary exposure to COVID19:
• If you develop fever, cough, chills, body aches, headaches, or upper respiratory symptoms, do NOT come to the clinic. Self-quarantine for 14 days at home.
• If you have significant difficulty with breathing and shortness of breath, call 322-1000 and we will direct you to further care • Upon arrival at the hospital or clinic, please call 322-1000 to enter the building
• If you have any upcoming elective visits, please contact your providers office to reschedule
• Avoid the use of the Emergency Department for non-emergent care. This only increases your risk of exposure to COVID19 and reduces access to those individuals that critically need the care.
• There is a strict visitation policy being enforced within the hospital and clinic, effective immediately and will remain until further notice. In accordance with Governor Bullocks declaration, all Stillwater County Public School are closed March 16th – March 27th, 2020. This closure is to encourage social distancing and slow the spread to individuals in large groups/gatherings. Daycares are still open and the decision to continue to keep daycares open will be re-evaluated as the situation evolves.
Unified Command would like to take this time to encourage our citizens to look out for one another. While this virus does not affect everyone the same, we do know that the highest risk populations are those older populations (aged 60+), immune compromised individuals, and those with co-morbidities. If you have friends or neighbors that are high risk, use phone communication to check on them. If supplies are needed, a healthy individual can pick those up and deliver them to the door of the high-risk individual. Unified Command will meet regularly via teleconference. Information will be shared as appropriate through press, internet, and social media formats. Unified Command Information can be accessed at www.stillwaterbillingsclinic.com by clicking on the red banner at the top of the page titled “COVID19 Updates for Stillwater County”