REED POINT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Every Student, Every Day!
Our spectator policy for our junior high home games (Reed Point & Rapelje) will be 4 tickets for our players & coaches and 2 tickets for visiting teams. Masks are optional but we strongly encourage them being used. Players & coaches will be required to wear them on the bench. Our top priority is to keep our players & coaches safe during their season. Last year our boys team did not get to play any games and we don't want that this year too. We ask that you please contact the school (326-2245) with the names of who will be attending for your players tickets.
When traveling to an away game, we will be required to follow their spectator policy. We will communicate to you via email what the policies are for the week. Schools are asking that we send a list of names to them prior to game time so we ask that you call the school by the end of the day before the game is scheduled with your spectator names.
Thank you in advance for helping us keep our players safe during their season.
November 6, 2020
There will be a player & parent meeting for all boys grades 9-12 who are interested in playing basketball this year. The meeting will be at 4:00 in the library.
October 22, 2020
Dear guardians and parents,
We are looking forward to seeing you next week for Parent Teacher Conferences, October 28th 4pm-7pm. Our elementary teachers will be sending out scheduled appointment times for each family. The junior high and high school teachers will once again be available on a first come first serve basis. Sanitation protocols will include hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes being available for all to use throughout the evening. Teachers will sanitize their seating in between each family. There will not be a soup and pie dinner this year due to food service regulations during Covid-19.
This year grade reporting will be a bit different as we are in the process of moving to standards based grading and reporting for all grades. At your parent teacher conference you will receive information about your child(s) growth and progress. Elementary students in grades K-4 will have their traditional report card but you will also see some improvements in regards to length. The 5th-12th grades report cards will be sent out at the end of the semester. Teachers and students are working hard to make this a more valuable experience not only for students but for parents. It is our hope that growth and mastery of subject matter becomes the focus. High school students will still receive a GPA but letter grades will not be a part of our reporting system for courses taught by our teachers.
We are excited to visit with you at Parent Teacher Conferences starting at 4pm on October 28th. I will have a table set up to be able to visit with you, answer any questions you may have, and to hear concerns you would like to share.
September 17, 2020
Football senior night tomorrow! Sept. 18 seniors and their parents will be recognized prior to kick-off at 7:00 p.m.
Dear Parents & Athletic Fans, August 25, 2020
I hope all of you are ready for the upcoming RPR Renegade volleyball and football seasons! As we venture into new waters with the requirements public schools must follow we want to be very diligent in getting out early, accurate information to everyone who attends athletic and activity events. While under the rules given to public schools by the Governor’s Office, Stillwater County Health, and the Montana High School Association the schools in our volleyball and football conference have developed a system we must adhere to with our loyal Renegade fans and our visiting fans. Please keep in mind that we cannot accommodate everyone who wants to attend these events, but will do our very best to do so under the current COVID rules.
Parent/Fan Attendance Protocol For Volleyball/Football Games:
-WE ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO HAVE GROUPS OF 50 PEOPLE: This will be for both home and away games. Post season tournaments or football playoffs will have a different look, if still under the COVID rules from the state, county, and high school association. For football, since it is an outdoor activity we should be able to accommodate multiple groups of 50.
1. MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING ARE REQUIRED-While attending Renegade volleyball & football games masks are required to be worn the entire contest. There will be designated areas in the gyms for both the home and visiting fans to sit.
2. EACH TEAM MEMBER WILL BE ALLOTED TWO (2) TICKETS/HOUSEHOLD: Examples: If you have one child participating you get two tickets. If there is a situation where step-parents are involved you will receive two (2) tickets for each step-parent. Should your household have two children participating you would receive four (4) tickets, three children participating six (6) tickets and so on. This is the protocol for home and away games. In receiving these tickets you will still be required to pay the gate fee at all schools. School passes ARE NOT BEING SOLD. If your child/children are participating in athletics, they are required to purchase an activity pass. Passes are $20 for Rapelje students in grades (5-12). Activity passes at Reed Point are $25.00 for grades (5-12). We are asking that parents stop by the school this week and pay these activity fees.
3. The Montana High School Association will issue reprimands, fines, and possibly forfeiture of the games or season if requirements are not followed by all public school/private schools in Montana. We kindly ask everyone to comply. We know it is not easy and you may not agree with these protocols, but we will get things done because that is what is best for our student/athletes.
4. Parents will need to call their respective school to reserve tickets for both home and away games. This needs to be done by 3:00 p.m. at the latest the day before the game. Our volleyball team plays in Roberts on Friday, August 28th so your tickets need to be reserved by 3:00 p.m., August 27th. You can request your tickets as early as Monday of the week the games are being played. We encourage all parents to reserve their tickets as early as possible.
5. RPR TICKET PRICES: Volleyball/Basketball-Students-$5.00, Adults-$6.00. Football-Students-$4.00, Adults-$5.00.
We are including an updated schedule for volleyball and football. This information will be posted on both Rapelje and Reed Point’s website. www.rapelje.k12.mt.us, www.reedpoint.k12.mt.us. We will also post everything on each respective school’s Facebook page. We ask that you check the school websites and Facebook page on a daily basis, because the COVID situation changes often.
We certainly apologize for not being able to admit every fan to every game. We simply cannot do that and remain in compliance with the requirements that come with the COVID virus. Safety for our students, staff, and fans is our number one priority. We ask that you be patient and understanding through this process. We also ask that you refrain from posting negative comments on Facebook that concern the tough decisions we have to make with the requirements this virus brings to our schools. We invite everyone to call their school with any questions you may have concerning the protocol for athletic and activity events. Let’s all be positive with our kids and our students through this COVID process, even if we personally disagree with parts or all of it.
Yours in Education/Athletics/Activities,
Dennis Gerke, Superintendent/Principal Rapelje School
Heather Jarrett, Superintendent/Principal Reed Point School
Karlee Popp, Athletic Director Rapelje School
Tricia Hess/Teresa Bare Athletic Directors Reed Point School
While the coming school year may have some challenges we are all excited to have your child or children back at school. We will work diligently to provide, as always, a safe and healthy learning environment. Last night the School Board of Trustees approved our Reopening Plan. It is included here as an attachment for your review. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me. I am more than happy to listen and take into consideration your thoughts. Teachers and staff will be trying to provide the most positive school experience they can for the students.
I look forward to your partnership once again this year in your child or children's education.
About Reed Point School District
Reed Point Schools are one of the best in the state and consistently stand out when compared to the state and national levels. A well-rounded curriculum, combined with extracurricular offerings, provides a wealth of opportunities and experiences for youngsters as they make their first steps into the world.
In standardized achievement tests, our students consistently perform well above state and national levels. Our students compete regularly in Math Competitions, Science Olympiad at MSU-Bozeman, and our FCCLA students have competed at the National Level many years in a row.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of the variety of activities offered from Athletics to FCCLA. Reed Point boasts an excellent teaching staff all of which are highly-qualified in their area of teaching. The community plays a significant role in the success of the schools through its generous support.
The western-most Stillwater County community of Reed Point is likely one of the smallest towns along I-90 and the Yellowstone River. The picturesque setting gives it a feeling of serenity, peacefulness, and quiet. Access to the Yellowstone River is at the Indian Fort Fishing Access north of town. With a boat ramp and campground, it's a haven for fisherman, river floaters or just a great spot for a leisurely swim. Reed Point is a stop on the annual Yellowstone River Boat Float and comes alive every year on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend for our annual "Great Montana Sheep Drive".